The Common House at Camelot Cohousing is the center of our neighborhood, both physically and socially. It's the place where the community comes together -- for shared meals, for games and entertainment, for meetings, for parties, for hobbies and activities.
Our Common House provides:
- Spectacular Great Room for optional shared meals and large events. Features soaring clerestory ceiling, two-sided tiled fireplace, bamboo floor.
- Large Commercial-quality Kitchen with gas ranges, two ovens and refrigerators, and commercial dishwasher
- Children’s Playroom with window into the great room, so parents can easily “check in”
- Multi-use “Dojo” for dance, yoga, meditation, aerobics, music, etc.; expansion space from the great room for larger events
- Cozy Living / TV room for shared viewing and casual socializing
- Exercise Room with gym quality equipment
- Four additional rooms for hobbies, meetings, sewing & crafts, games, etc.
- Herb Garden off the kitchen, in addition to large shared community garden
- South facing deck for outdoor dining and sunning, with easy access to multiple rooms
- Easy access from both floors to heated swimming pool, including spacious screened back deck
- Built for accessibility: elevator and handicapped accessible bathroom with shower
- Paved courtyard for outdoor cooking, patio tables and children's play
- Entryway with mail boxes and coat area
- Internet service
- Low-toxicity and environmentally responsible building materials
- Well insulated 2x6 construction & lots of natural light, just like all our individual homes
All residents have full use of the common house. It's like having a luxury recreational facility next door to enjoy with neighbors and friends.