40b Affordable Homes
Sawyer Hill EcoVillage was developed as part of the Chapter 40B program, a state program designed to help address the shortage of affordable housing in Massachusetts by encouraging new developments to offer at least 20-25% of the homes at prices affordable by low- and moderate-income buyers.
40B Home Prices
17 of our 68 units are sold at reduced prices set by state guidelines, which are designed to make the homes affordable to families making 70% of the area median income.
- $138,000 for a 1 bedroom home
- $154,470 for a 2 bedroom home
- $173,000 for a 3 bedroom home
40B homes for income-qualified buyers are still available. These homes are available on a first come first served basis to those who qualify, so apply now.
Qualifying for a 40B Home at Sawyer Hill EcoVillage
You may qualify for a 40B home if
- you have less than $75,000 in assets
- you have not owned a house in the last three years prior
- your household annual income is below
- $44,950 for a single person
- $51,400 for a 2 person household
- $57,800 for a 3 person household
- $64,200 for a 4 person household
Exceptions are available based on age, recent displacement, and other circumstances. If you think you might qualify but aren't sure, or if you are close and might need an exception, please let us know! We would be happy to work with you confidentially on your application.
How to Apply
- Review the 40B Information Packet
- Submit a completed Application together with required supporting documents
For more information
- Our 40B agent is Stockard Engler Brigham, (617) 782-2300 x3.
- You may qualify for down payment assistance with a SoftSecond loan through Mass Housing
See our list of available homes.